In the past using hardwood throughout the entire home was an easy decision. But recently more and more people are choosing to lay hardwood floors in the kitchen. But is this a good idea? Here we give you the pro & cons, so that you can decide whether it’s what’s best for you and your home.
- 1. It feels amazing. The warmth & feel of real hardwood floors, nothing compares to it. 2. Wood flooring can last centuries, even a lifetime.
- 3. It’s an investment that will increase the value of your home.
- 4. Redecorating rooms with wood flooring provides lots of variation of color palettes within the wood species & stain selection.
- 5. Wood floors can help better hide dirt and etc. Consider wood species, like Oak, feature pronounced grain patterns that hide dirt & dents better than subtle grains such as maple.
- 6. Floating floors that click together are easy to replace when damaged.
- 7. Lacquers like polyurethane are very durable, hardening & protecting your wood flooring.
- 8. It provides a seamless look throughout the home.
- 9. Wood flooring is timeless & will never go out of style.
- 10. It’s easy to clean & has beautiful scents & textures depending on the wood.
*As you can see there are more pros than cons when it comes to installing wood flooring in the kitchen. So enjoy!